Compassion Fatigue is one of the psychological consequences of being a doctor
Losing the ability to feel empathy, sympathy and compassion for your patients is a constant risk for all of us.
This is a consequence of your choice to become a Lightworker years ago.
That choice guaranteed our exposure to the trauma, tragedy and agony of our patient's struggles. No one teaches you that compassion is a finite resource that must be regularly refilled or physician burnout is inevitable for all of us.
In this blog post, let me show you
- why doctors are at unique risk for Compassion Fatigue and burnout ... it is the result of a decision you made long ago
- how to recognize Compassion Fatigue
- the four phases of Compassion Fatigue – where do you stand?
- a specific method to restore your Emotional Energy Reserves and recover from your own Compassion Fatigue
- and finish with a set of online Compassion Fatigue resources if you would like more tools or to study this important topic in more detail
This is Blog Post #297
Complete Blog Library is Here
The Origin of this Lightworker’s Dilemma
Let’s start at the beginning
– the point in time where you chose to become a doctor in the first place
You remember that fork in the road?