Pandemic Medicine is Clearly More Dangerous than Battlefield Medicine to Front Line Healthcare Workers
1) Battlefield/MASH Unit:
- The danger is the enemy.
- You have specific skilled, trained and equipped people around you to protect you.
- The act of caring for patients is not dangerous for you.
- Your family is safe and far away.
- The danger is the patients.
- Just being in the same room with them (never mind touching and treating them), especially without sufficient PPE, is an act of service that can ultimately be fatal.
- Your family is in clear and present danger as well.
- In Italy, 10% of the Covid-19 cases have been healthcare workers!
No Comparison ... so please Stop the Battlefield Analogies!!
This is Blog Post #327
Complete Blog Library is Here
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT:
What do you think about the comparable risk?