Types of physician bullying
- Spreading malicious rumours or insulting someone (particularly on the grounds of age, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and religion or belief)
- Copying memos that are critical of someone to others who do not need to know
- Ridiculing or demeaning someone—picking on them or setting them up to fail
- Exclusion or victimisation
- Unfair treatment
- Overbearing supervision or other misuse of power or position
- Unwelcome sexual advances—touching, standing too close, display of offensive material, asking for sexual favours, making decisions on the basis of sexual advances being accepted or rejected
- Making threats or comments about job security without foundation
- Deliberately undermining a competent worker by overloading and constant criticism
- Preventing individuals progressing by intentionally blocking promotion or training opportunities
Here’s a link to the full article and thank you to Lorna Powell, the article’s author for putting this issue on my radar.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT:
Have you ever been bullied?
If so, what happened and is it any one of the physician bullying types mentioned above?