Mission - Vision - Values
The Creative Destruction of Physician Burnout
Revolutionize the quality of healthcare - and the performance of select healthcare organizations - by improving the health, happiness, humanity and effectiveness of the providers in the system.
By writing, speaking, consulting, coaching
i) With individual physicians to create a more Ideal Practice, more effective leadership skills and a more balanced life.
ii) With organizations who care about their employees, understand the importance of focusing on the providers first and are willing to step outside current standard practice of medicine to create the modern "Quadruple Aim":
- Improving the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction)
- Improving the health of the population
- Reducing the per capita cost of health care
- AND improving the quality of life for health care providers, including clinicians and staff
We believe the modern practice of the highest quality medicine is dependent upon the humanity and quality of life for the people delivering care. This is true at all levels within a modern healthcare organization - from the front line receptionists, nursing assistants, MA's up through Nurses, PA's, NP's to Physicians and Healthcare Administrators.
In fact, the highest quality care can ONLY come from the happiest, healthiest, best supported providers, no matter what their position in the organization.
Your people must come first. When they are healthy and well supported by your corporate culture, they will naturally provide high quality care to your patients.
At The Happy MD, we will
i) coach working physicians to develop proven techniques to lower stress, create a more Ideal Practice and a more balanced life.
ii) We will then disseminate these field tested tools via speaking/training and corporate consulting to healthcare organizations who care enough about their people to build a workplace that honors the Quadruple Aim above.
Areas of Focus:
- Stress Management, Burnout Prevention, Life Balance, Mindfulness
- Practice and Work Flow Efficiency
- Team Centered Care, Physician Leadership Development
Freedom - Integrity - Honesty - Transparency - Compassion - Empathy - Humanity - Excellence - Creativity - Adventure
Favorite Quotes / Operating Principles:
- "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
- "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
- "You can't give what you aint got."
- "Practice makes ... better."
- "You don't get what you want in life, you get what you tolerate."