Mission - Vision - Values
The Creative Destruction of Physician Burnout
1) Help physicians wake up from the programming of their medical education to understand, recognize, prevent and treat burnout. Develop, test and teach physician-specific tools to lower stress levels, build life balance and a more ideal practice.
2) Create communities of like-minded physicians and physician leaders dedicated to installing the Quadruple Aim at three levels
- In their personal life
- For the teams they lead
- In the organizations to which they belong.
3) Revolutionize the quality of healthcare - and the performance of select healthcare organizations - by building systems to continuously improve the health, happiness, humanity and effectiveness of the providers organization wide.
i) With individual physicians to create a more Ideal Practice, more effective leadership skills and a more balanced life.
ii) With organizations who care about their employees, understand the importance of focusing on the providers first and are willing to step outside current standard practice of medicine to create the modern "Quadruple Aim".
We believe the modern practice of the highest quality medicine is dependent upon the humanity and quality of life for the people delivering care. This is true at all levels within a modern healthcare organization - from the front line receptionists, nursing assistants, MA's up through Nurses, PA's, NP's to Physicians and Healthcare Administrators.
In fact, the highest quality care can ONLY come from the happiest, healthiest, best supported providers, no matter what their position in the organization.
Your people must come first. When they are healthy and well supported by your corporate culture and well designed systems of care, they will naturally provide high quality care to your patients.
At The Happy MD, we will
i) Coach working physicians to develop proven techniques to lower stress, create a more Ideal Practice and a more balanced life.
ii) We will then disseminate these field tested tools via speaking/training and corporate consulting to healthcare organizations who care enough about their people to build a workplace that honors the Quadruple Aim above.
Areas of Focus:
- Stress Management, Burnout Prevention, Life Balance, Mindfulness
- Practice and Work Flow Efficiency
- Team Centered Care, Physician Leadership Development
Freedom - Integrity - Honesty - Transparency - Compassion - Empathy - Humanity - Excellence - Creativity - Adventure - Mindfulness
Favorite Quotes / Operating Principles:
- "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
- "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
- "You can't give what you aint got."
- "Practice makes ... better."
- "You don't get what you want in life, you get what you tolerate."