ABOUT Dike Drummond MD, CEO TheHappyMD.com –
Physician Coach and Healthcare Speaker
Dike Drummond MD is a Mayo trained Family Practice Physician and the leading coach, trainer and consultant on ...
- The prevention of burnout in individual physicians
- The realization of the Quadruple Aim in healthcare organizations
Dr. Drummond is the CEO and Founder of TheHappyMD.com where the website receives 25,000 website visitors a month and hosts an online community of over 18,000 physicians from 63 countries around the world.
Dr. Drummond has over 2100 hours of one-on-one physician coaching experience and has trained over 30,000 doctors on behalf of 163 corporate clients to date. His comprehensive experience with individual doctors in all specialties and healthcare organizations of all sizes has lead him to create the ground breaking resources listed below.
Dr. Drummond is the creator of:
- The Burnout Prevention MATRIX Report containing over 235 ways to prevent physician burnout.
- The book: Stop Physician Burnout – what to do when working harder isn’t working. With over 40,000 copies in print it has become the reference text to burnout prevention for the modern physician.
- The Heart of the Healer Physician Wellness Retreat – now in its fifth year.
- The Quadruple Aim Physician Leadership Retreat – teaching physician leaders a comprehensive skill set to hard wire the Quadruple Aim into their personal lives, the culture of their teams and the entire organization.
- The Quadruple Aim Blueprint – a four-part strategy for system-wide burnout prevention.
- Physician Burnout Coach Certification Training – to teach physician coaches his unique coaching structures and support systems for doctors suffering from career threatening burnout.
- An Outsourced Physician Coaching Service – offering physician burnout coaching to doctors in client organizations supplied by the certified staff of physician coaches at TheHappyMD.com.
- Burnout Proof APP – the world’s first burnout prevention smart phone app.
- One Minute Mindfulness – a research proven single breath mindfulness technique specifically developed for practicing physicians.
- The Ideal Physician Job Search Formula – online job search training for physicians actively searching for a new position.
Dr. Drummond’s unique background includes
- Extensive Primary Care experience
- Proven Physician Leadership abilities
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development training and experience
- Additional certifications in Interactive Guided Imagery and Life & Business Coaching
- Extensive Personal Development and Life & Business Coaching experience
Dike graduated from the Mayo Medical School in Rochester, Minnesota in 1984 and completed his Family Practice Residency at the Shasta Cascade Program in Redding, California in 1987.
He served as an Emergency Room Physician at Redbud Community Hospital in Clearlake, California for a full year after residency. Dr. Drummond practiced full spectrum Family Medicine for 11 years as a member of the Skagit Valley Medical Center in Mount Vernon, Washington. He was also the Chairman of the Executive Committee and Managed Care Medical Director for that organization.
Dr. Drummond suffered from career ending burnout and left his medical career in 1999 to become an Entrepreneur beginning with his Interactive Guided Imagery Practice.
He served as COO of Superteams, LLC providing Leadership and Facilitation training to Lean Six Sigma Black Belts in all branches of the US Military.
He is certified as a Life and Business coach with extensive experience in personal and business development and both off and online marketing working with startup entrepreneurs and physicians.
- Dr. Drummond is certified in Interactive Guided Imagery and as a Life and Business Coach with business development, sales and marketing experience in a number of industries.
- He has extensive training and experience in Accelerated Learning Techniques, Training Design & Delivery both in live and Virtual Environments.
- He is a skilled and experienced team leader in many different settings from captain of numerous rugby teams to leading code teams in the Emergency Room and work teams in multiple different industries.
- Dike is a high energy public speaker, meeting facilitator (including strategic planning facilitation) and a skilled and experienced one-on-one coach on both life and business issues.
- Also skilled in all aspects of Small Business Marketing and Sales, including: Website Design, Internet Marketing, SEO, Article and Email Newsletter Marketing, Social Media, Brand Clarification – and coordination of Offline Marketing with Client’s Internet Presence
Interests and Hobbies:
Hiking, camping, fishing, sea kayaking
Gardening, cooking Guitar, writing, poetry (both reading and writing)
Travel and adventure of all types
- Indiana University BS Biology Cum Laude 1980
- M.D. Mayo Medical School 1984
- Shasta Cascade Family Practice Residency 1987
- Emergency Room Physician Redbud Community Hospital, Clearlake, CA 1988
- Family Practice – Skagit Valley Medical Center 1988-1998
- Chairman Executive Committee Skagit Valley Medical Center 1989
- Managed Care Medical Director, Skagit Valley Medical Center 1992-1998
- Dike Drummond Guided Imagery 2000
- Urgent Care Physician, Everett Clinic & Skagit Valley Medical Center 2000-2005
- COO Superteams Leadership & Facilitation Skills Training 2000-2010
- Certification in Interactive Guided Imagery 2001
- Coaching Certification – Academy for Coach Training Bellevue, WA 2003
- Career Transition and Entrepreneur Business Coach 2003 – present
- CEO Wellspring Investment Network – Commercial Real Estate Investing 2005 – 2011
- Chief Learning Officer Investortours University 2007 – 2012
- CEO Three Hour Midlife Crisis 2010 – 2012
- CEO The Happy MD 2011-present
If you have any questions or would like support to deal with your own stress levels or learn new leadership skills.
Please contact us directly using this form
or by phone 206-430-1905
Until we connect, Keep Breathing and have a great rest of your day,
Dike Drummond MD