ABOUT Dike Drummond MD –
Physician Coach and Healthcare Speaker
Dr. Drummond is a Mayo trained Family Practice Physician with a unique combination of ground level experience in medicine, coaching and personal and business development.
Dike’s expertise in personal change was developed through a combination of 11 years as a family practice doctor and 10 years as a business coach working with physicians and startup entrepreneurs; he has also developed his own unique, interactive guided imagery practice.
“The burnout epidemic in physicians is a completely predictable result of their medical training and the generally accepted definition of “success” amongst doctors. AND it is both a preventable and treatable condition.”
“These days the physicians are often the canary in the coal mine of medicine and that has to change. The most successful healthcare organizations in the years ahead will be those who take excellent care of their providers and staff. These hospitals and groups will understand that physician satisfaction is the only true foundation for consistent patient satisfaction.”
CLICK HERE for a PDF document of Dr. Drummond’s full bio
CLICK HERE for his LinkedIn profile page
As CEO of TheHappyMD.com, Dr. Drummond has come full circle as an executive coach to physicians with career threatening burnout. A sample of testimonials from his international clientele are here
In addition to his executive coaching, Dike provides speaking, training and consulting on
- Physician and resident stress management and burnout prevention
- Physician wellness, engagement and alignment within Healthcare Organizations
- Physician leadership development
- Disruptive physician intervention services
- Transforming resistance to change and innovation within healthcare organizations
He is the creator of
Dr. Drummond is an active blogger at TheHappyMD and a guest blogger on popular websites including
He is the author of the forthcoming book:
The Physician Burnout Handbook: Stress Relief for the Busy Doctor
Dr. Drummond’s unique background includes
- Extensive Primary Care experience
- Proven Physician Leadership abilities
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development training and experience
- Additional certifications in Interactive Guided Imagery and Life & Business Coaching
- Extensive Personal Development and Life & Business Coaching experience
Dike graduated from the Mayo Medical School in Rochester, Minnesota in 1984 and completed his Family Practice Residency at the Shasta Cascade Program in Redding, California in 1987.
He served as an Emergency Room Physician at Redbud Community Hospital in Clearlake, California for a full year after residency. Dr. Drummond practiced full spectrum Family Medicine for 11 years as a member of the Skagit Valley Medical Center in Mount Vernon, Washington. He was also the Chairman of the Executive Committee and Managed Care Medical Director for that organization.
Dr. Drummond suffered from career ending burnout and left his medical career in 1999 to become an Entrepreneur beginning with his Interactive Guided Imagery Practice.
He served as COO of Superteams, LLC providing Leadership and Facilitation training to Lean Six Sigma Black Belts in all branches of the US Military.
He is certified as a Life and Business coach with extensive experience in personal and business development and both off and online marketing working with startup entrepreneurs and physicians.
As CEO of the Wellspring Investment Network, has raised over $10M in private equity for Commercial Real Estate Projects in several states. As Chief Learning Officer of Investortours.com, Dr. Drummond authored the 1500 page Commercial Wealth Training Manual and supervised the training of Real Estate Entrepreneurs.
As CEO of 3 Hour Midlife Crisis, Dike provided training and coaching for professionals in Midlife Transition.
- Dr. Drummond is certified in Interactive Guided Imagery and as a Life and Business Coach with business development, sales and marketing experience in a number of industries.
- He has extensive training and experience in Accelerated Learning Techniques, Training Design & Delivery both in live and Virtual Environments.
- He is a skilled and experienced team leader in many different settings from captain of numerous Rubgy teams to leading code teams in the Emergency Room and work teams in multiple different industries.
- Dike is a high energy public speaker, meeting facilitator (including strategic planning facilitation) and a skilled and experienced one-on-one coach on both life and business issues.
- Also skilled in all aspects of Small Business Marketing and Sales, including: Website Design, Internet Marketing, SEO, Article and Email Newsletter Marketing, Social Media, Brand Clarification – and coordination of Offline Marketing with Client’s Internet Presence
Interests and Hobbies:
Hiking, camping, fishing, sea kayaking
Gardening, cooking Guitar, writing, poetry (both reading and writing)
Travel and adventure of all types
- Indiana University BS Biology Cum Laude 1980
- M.D. Mayo Medical School 1984
- Shasta Cascade Family Practice Residency 1987
- Emergency Room Physician Redbud Community Hospital, Clearlake, CA 1988
- Family Practice – Skagit Valley Medical Center 1988-1998
- Chairman Executive Committee Skagit Valley Medical Center 1989
- Managed Care Medical Director, Skagit Valley Medical Center 1992-1998
- Dike Drummond Guided Imagery 2000
- Urgent Care Physician, Everett Clinic & Skagit Valley Medical Center 2000-2005
- COO Superteams Leadership & Facilitation Skills Training 2000-2010
- Certification in Interactive Guided Imagery 2001
- Coaching Certification – Academy for Coach Training Bellevue, WA 2003
- Career Transition and Entrepreneur Business Coach 2003 – present
- CEO Wellspring Investment Network – Commercial Real Estate Investing 2005 – 2011
- Chief Learning Officer Investortours University 2007 – 2012
- CEO Three Hour Midlife Crisis 2010 – 2012
- CEO The Happy MD 2011-present