Will recent recommendations of the National Academy of Medicine cause meaningful action to address the burnout epidemic?
- Will we look back 10 years from now and say 2020 is when everything changed?
- Do calls for a "positive work environment" mean anything when there are no recommendations on HOW to accomplish that feat?
- What happens in the C-suite when this call to address physician burnout clashes with the organization's drive to maximize profit and shareholder value? (even non-profits must have a margin!)
Get Your Corporate Physician Wellness Strategy
WellMDWorks 3-Step Process is at This Link
In this blog post let's do two things:
2) Give you a copy of the full recommendations so you can do two things:
- Print off two copies and carry them with you at all times.
- So when the opportunity arises, you can drop them on your CEO/CMO/CFO's desk and ask that they be adopted in your organization. If your boss can be influenced by consensus statements like this, you want to be ready for their teachable moment.